[emeyf-list] Britain Yearly Meeting 2007

jez smith discjez at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 17 13:00:47 BST 2007

Greetings from London,

There will be quite a lot of young Friends at Britain Yearly Meeting this year. Many are helping with the under-19s programme under the stewardship of Simon Best, another young Friend who is the coordinator.

Others of us will be running the Young Friends General Meeting stall, where we will be raising awareness about our Meeting, selling copies of the brilliant magazine Young Quaker (only £1!), as well as raising awareness about our appeal for this year, Rewrite. We will also be selling a creative writing anthology, to raise funds for the appeal (only £5!).

Four of us (me, Simon Latham and Laura Wirtz from YFGM and Wess Daniels from the US) will also be blogging about BYM as it happens. You can read our posts at http://britainyearlymeeting.blogspot.com where we have already introduced ourselves.

If anyone wishes to take part in the blogging project, then drop me an email. Or, you can join in the action via your own blog or through flickr, by tagging your post or pic with

 quaker.britainym

and it will appear at:

http://www.quakerquaker.org/events/2007-britainym/

We bloggers will be touching base by being intermittently at the young Friends stall. We will also be at the stall of the Friend, because we have friends there too.

And of course, there will be young Friends there, just to be!

There will be a post-BYM party and barbecue at mine (south London) on the monday afternoon/evening (7 May), more details to follow nearer the time and not online (this is not a myspace party!), all Quakers welcome!

Hopefully, see you there,

in friendship,

Jez

http://quakerstreet.blogspot.com