[emeyf-list] Young Adult Leadership Programme

Rebecca - EMEYF Secretary emeyf at qcea.org
Mon Mar 10 16:27:11 GMT 2014

Dear Friends,

Please see below an email regarding the Young Adult Leadership Programme
at Woodbrooke,

In peace,

Rebecca

--
Rebecca Viney-Wood

Secretary
Europe and Middle East Young Friends

emeyf at qcea.org
+32 (0) 22 34 30 60

Website: emeyf.org

Dear Friends,

I’m writing about the Young Adult Leadership Programme at Woodbrooke to
let you know that applications for the 2014-15 programme are now open.
The programme is now in its third year and becoming an established part
of Woodbrooke’s annual programme.

The programme gives you the opportunity to build a small learning
community with other Young Friends and consider topics such as Quaker
history, Quaker processes, concerns, testimony, following  your leading,
using Quaker values in the secular workplace, presentation skills, team
building and much more; and also an opportunity to work in the garden at
Woodbrooke for half a day.

It is a part-time one year programme and consists of a 10 day
residential in July 2014, a weekend in February 2015 and then a final 7
day residential in July 2015.  The summer residentials overlap so you
would be here with the previous group in July 2014 etc.

Let me know if you’d like to see a copy of the 2013 residential
programme to give you an idea of what goes on.

I’d be happy to answer any questions if you have them.  I’ve attached an
8 page flier about the programme and have pasted a few links below where
you can find more information if you want it.

There is more information about the programme here:
http://www.woodbrooke.org.uk/pages/young-adult-leadership-programme.html

And specific information about how to apply on this page:
http://www.woodbrooke.org.uk/pages/yalp-apply.html

An online application form is here:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MV8HHQX

The dates for YALP 2014-15 are:

10-20 July 2014

6-8 February 2015

12-19 July 2015

Don’t be put off by the cost (£1650) which may appear high.  We have
some bursary funds at Woodbrooke, and there are Quaker trusts willing to
fund participants on YALP and some meetings have funds available.  I’d
be happy to give guidance about fundraising.

Please do get in touch if you’d like to know more or are interested in
applying.

In friendship,

Michael

Michael Eccles

Young Adult Programmes Co-ordinator & QPSW Tutor

Direct Line: 0121-415 6760

Email: michael.eccles at woodbrooke.org.uk

             Stay in touch with Woodbrooke’s work with Young Adults

             facebook Young Adults at Woodbrooke

             twitter YAFsWoodbrooke

             Email: youngadults at woodbrooke.org.uk

             www.woodbrooke.org.uk/youngadults

I work part-time and am usually at Woodbrooke on Wednesdays, Thursdays
and Fridays

Woodbrooke Quaker Study Centre | Registered Charity Number: 313816, 1046
Bristol Road | Birmingham | B29 6LJ

Woodbrooke Quaker Centre Limited | Company Registration Number: 4131781
| Vat Registration Number: 765376690

Registered Office: 1046 Bristol Road | Birmingham | B29 6LJ

Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of the organisation